This sweet made of Khoya (condensed milk) and then wrapped into the leaf of Molu/Roni is iconic. The fresh smell of Molu leaf and the taste of condensed milk flavored with cardamom and coconut will leave you asking for more. Almora is the most famous place to try Singodi in Uttarakhand.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- 1/4 kilogram Unsweetened khoya / evaporated milk
- 1/4 kilogram Sugar
- 100 grams fresh grated coconut
- 15 molu leaves, folded into cones
- 2 tablespoons fresh rose petals / nuts
- Knead khoya and sugar by mixing well. Heat this till khoya melts.
- Add grated coconut and continue heating for 10 minutes.
- As mixture cools down, fill small khoya ball in each malu basket.
- Garnish with nuts or rose petals.