Royal Enfield flagged off its Tour of Uttarakhand will start at the foothills of the Himalayas in the Garrison town of Dehradun.. (20 riders to cover over 1,400km & will crank their Long stroke motors to tour across the lesser known regions of Uttarakhand over the course of ten days.) The ride will see 20 riders cover a distance of over 1,400km over the course of a little more than a week. The first edition of the Tour of Uttarakhand took place last year and you can read about our experience here.
The 8-day ride will explore the land of the Himalayas, forest reserves, wildlife & its rich, cultural and spiritual heritage (often referred as Dev Bhumi). Known to be one of the most beautiful states of India, the tour of Uttarakhand will snake through some of the most awe-inspiring views and terrains.
This year’s tour will see riders pass though Lansdowne, Kausani, Chaukori, Munsiari, Pithoragarh, Binsar, Jim Corbett before returning back to Dehradun on September 16. Riders will get to tour the lesser explored regions of the mighty Himalayas on Royal Enfield motorcycles under the guidance of the brand’s expert riders, Rohan Pimpley and Bharath Janakiraman.
The total cost for the ride was set at Rs 22,000, which includes accommodation, breakfast and dinner. Lunch, fuel and other miscellaneous expenses will have to be borne by the riders. Royal Enfield also provides full service support for the ride. Nav Uttarakhand is excited to be a part of the ride, and if you want to catch a glimpses of state, follow our Instagram handle for ride updates!
Throughout the tour, we’ll be trying our best to share our experience, through updates on our various social channels. Watch out for some jaw dropping visuals.
The ride goes through some the most awe-inspiring views and terrains. Riders are invited on this ride to the abode of the Gods on their Royal Enfields for the experience of a lifetime on this adventurous journey.
|Day 0||7th Sep||Dehradun: Check In and Scrutiny||–||Dinner|
|Day 1||8th Sep||Dehradun||Lansdowne||160||Breakfast,Lunch & Dinner|
|Day 2||9th Sep||Lansdowne||Kausani||260||Breakfast & Dinner|
|Day 3||10th Sep||Kausani||Chaukori||95||Breakfast & Dinner|
|Day 4||11th Sep||Chaukori||Munsiari||110||Breakfast & Dinner|
|Day 5||12th Sep||Munsiari||Pithoragarh||160||Breakfast & Dinner|
|Day 6||13th Sep||Pithoragarh||Binsar||130||Breakfast & Dinner|
|Day 7||14th Sep||Binsar||Jim Corbett||170||Breakfast & Dinner|
|Day 8||15th Sep||Jim Corbett||Dehradun||250||Breakfast & Dinner|
|Day 9||16th Sep||Dehradun Check out||–||–||Breakfast|
We try to keep rules and regulations to a minimum unless when necessary for the harmony and safety of the individual or group. However we expect the few that we have, to be followed very strictly, failing which we may exclude that particular participant from the rest of the trip.
- Intoxication:We do not allow any form of intoxication while on the motorcycle during the Tour of Uttarakhand 2018.
- Conduct:Participants are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that preserves their dignity and others’ around them, including other participants, support staff and locals of the region.
- Environmental responsibility:We must try and ensure that we maintain the sanctity of the region we are passing through.
- Medical advice:If you are under medical treatment, we expect you to follow the medical advice very strictly. We also strongly recommend participants to carry warm clothing as well as warm liners on the ride as it may get cold during and after the ride.
- A vehicle is arranged to carry your luggage, and it will be carried at the owner’s risk. Each rider is allowed to place one bag with maximum permissible limit of 15Kgs. Each rider must ensure that their luggage is loaded and unloaded every day.Satellite luggage (to be carried on the motorcycle at all times)
The support vehicle is the last vehicle to start and last vehicle to reach, hence there might be a delay in participants being able to access their luggage after reaching a destination. Also, it can be tiresome to wait for the service vehicle for something as basic as a tube. Hence your satellite luggage carried on the motorcycle should consist of:
1. Change of clothes.
2. One pair of footwear
3. Set of tubes
4. Spark plug
5. Throttle & clutch cable
6. OEM toolkit
|1||LODRO CHOKYI NYIMA||NEW DELHI|
|6||JILMIL KÅKÖTI BHUÝÅÑ||GUWAHATI|
|8||RAVI MALIK||NEW DELHI|
|9||SUSHANT PARSHURAM KURHADE||MUMBAI|
|11||ELIAS HAMMER||NEW DELHI|
|14||PRITESH KISHOR BAVISKAR||PUNE|
|15||NITIN GULLANNAVAR||NAVI MUMBAIMBAI|
|17||MOHAMMED AZIZAN KADER ASNA||PENANG, MALAYSIA|
|18||AHMAD ARABI ABDULLAH||KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA|
|20||SHARBANI DASGUPTA||NEW DELHI|
|21||CHANDRACHUR DHAR||NEW DELHI|
- Service back-up – we will have a mechanic travelling along with some basic spares. If needed, parts may be replaced and the rider will be charged for the same. We will do our best to help with the motorcycle, but each rider is responsible for bringing their motorcycle home. Therefore, motorcycle preparation is very crucial and the scrutiny will be thorough. We will guide you in both.